Via this link https://ansechastanet.com/waiver.html you may view the complete waiver documents we ask our guests to sign as part of the check-in procedure.
Agreement, Waiver and Release – Covid 19
Dear Prospective Guests,
Please know that we have always taken your health, safety, and comfort very seriously, and we have always enjoyed a well-deserved reputation for maintaining very high levels of customer service, cleanliness, and safety.
As a result of the Covid -19 (coronavirus) pandemic presently, we are taking enhanced health and safety measures throughout the resort to help maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment for our valued guests, staff members, and visitors. Despite these enhanced health and safety measures we offer no guarantee that the risks associated with the virus will be totally eliminated. For your safety all guests will be required to adhere to all health and safety protocols, posted rules, signage, and instructions during your stay with us. Compliance with social distancing, hand washing and sanitizing, and similar instructions will be of primary importance.
Covid-19 (coronavirus) is highly contagious, potentially deadly, and may result in serious illness, injury, disability or death. There is an inherent risk of coronavirus/Covid-19 exposure anywhere people are, or have been, present. The Center for Disease Control (“CDC”) has indicated that certain people may be at greater risk, namely the elderly and those with compromised immune systems and other underlying conditions. However, young and healthy people may also suffer severe illness, injury disability and or death, and should therefore take precautions.
As a condition of visiting the resort and using any of its services, facilities and amenities, you will be required to VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO FULLY ASSUME ALL RISKS related to exposure to any infectious disease including but not limited to Covid-19 exposure. You further AGREE that you, your heirs, executors, successors and assigns SHALL HOLD HARMLESS AND SHALL NOT SUE and or OTHERWISE HOLD LIABLE the resort, its owners, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, insurers, affiliates, suppliers and any relevant tour operators, travel agencies, and travel agents, for any illness, injury, death, disability, losses or damages of any kind or nature whatsoever caused by exposure to any infectious disease including but not limited to Covid-19 Kindly note that all guests will be required to sign an Agreement, Waiver and Release Regarding Covid -19 ( hereafter “Waiver” ) to this effect upon booking.
This Waiver applies to all guests and visitors including but not limited to any minor children for whom an adult guest or visitor is a parent, guardian, or is otherwise responsible for. The Waiver shall be LEGALLY BINDING. Should any guest or visitor bring a claim, suit or any other action in violation of this provision, we shall seek to have it DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE (meaning permanently dismissed) with costs.
Please understand that, without this Waiver, it would be nearly impossible for the resort to operate under the current circumstances. We don’t like legal jargon any more than you do, and we look forward to the day (hopefully in the near future) when all of this goes away. In the meantime, we feel it is only fair that you are fully informed and allowed to make the best possible decisions for you and your loved ones.
We greatly—and very sincerely—appreciate you and your business, and we look forward to providing you with an excellent Saint Lucian holiday. Thank You!
RESPONSIBILITY OF ANSE CHASTANET RESORT TOURS DEPARTMENT
Anse Chastanet Hotel (SYCUM) Limited hereby gives notice that all arrangement for transport, conveyance or carriage by plane, boat vehicle during their tours are made upon express condition that they may not be held liable by any person participating in the same for injury, loss, damage, sickness, accident, delaying or irregularity occasioned by reason of any defect in any vehicle, aircraft or boat or through the act of default of any servant or agent or any other person engaging in conveying the tour or otherwise in connection therewith nor for any loss, injury, delay, sickness or damage occasioned by such person or their property during their stay in any Hotel, Apartment, Guests House or Boat howsoever occasioned. The right is reserved to withdraw, with or without notice, any tour announced in this programme and to make such alterations in the itineraries as may be found desirable for the convenience of the parties and proper carrying out of tours. The right is also reserved to decline or accept or retain any person as a member of any party at any time. Baggage is at owner’s risk at all times. Anse Chastanet Hotel (SYCUM) Limited hereby further declares and gives you notice that:
- Any carriers (whether by land, sea or air), hotels, restaurants, or any person or companies (hereinafter called the Suppliers) providing services hereunder are independent contractors engaged by Anse Chastanet Hotel (SYCUM) Limited to provide certain services for your beneft and convenience.
- There exists no relationship of Master and Servant or agency between Anse Chastanet Hotel (SYCUM) Limited and Suppliers.
- The Suppliers are solely responsible for their acts and omissions and Anse Chastanet Hotel (SYCUM) Limited assumes no responsibility for such acts or omissions.The user of the services provided by the Suppliers ACKNOWLEDGES and ACCEPTS the relationship between Anse Chastanet Hotel (SYCUM) Limited and the suppliers above described and in consideration Anse Chastanet Hotel (SYCUM) Limited arranging the services to be provided by the Suppliers and the user HEREBY RELEASES AND DISCHARGES Anse Chastanet Hotel (SYCUM) Limited from all claims, demands, actions and or proceedings now or hereafter to become manifest in respect of loss and damage suffered by the user in the use of such services.
LOSS OR DAMAGE (Hotel Proprietors Act)
Under the hotel proprietors act a hotel proprietor may in certain circumstances be liable to make good any loss or damage to a guest’s property even though it was not due to any fault of the property or staff of the Hotel. This liability, however;
- extends only to the property of guests who have engaged sleeping accommodations at the Hotel.
- is limited to £750 for any one article and a total of £1,500 in the case of any one guests, except in the case of property which has been deposited or offered for deposit for safe custody, pending police investigation.
- does not cover motor cars or other vehicles of any kind or any property left in them or horses or other live animals. This notice does not constitute an admission either that the Act applies to this hotel or that liability thereunder attaches to the proprietor of this hotel in any particular case.